The beginning of the new year is not always glamorously filled with exciting resolutions and business ideas for everyone. It can be quite a tough time financially to regroup over the holidays, which doesn’t always come so instantly.
Over 4 million Canadians (1 in 8 households) feel food insecure. Almost half of the food insecure households consists of those living alone and or unattached individuals, meaning there is no reason to endure bachelorette or bachelor guilt with little to save as you’re not alone. According to CTV News, climate change is to push food prices higher by 4% in 2020, making that an extra $487.
Eating healthy is also a major concern in this circumstance and I am not just talking financially but mental health wise too when trying to make ends meet. Fortunately, with the low costs of instant foods there are a few ways you can turn a bowl of noodles into an Instagram ready dish.
- Bean Sprouts
- Green Onion
The Mr. Noodles vegetable flavor is vegan! However, if you have any allergy concerns the product is manufactured in a facility that may process egg products, milk products, fish/shellfish, soy, nuts, sesame seed and sulphites. Another option is Dr. McDougall’s.
Burrito Bowl w/ Instant Rice
- Pinto beans (if you would like to make a paste for tortilla’s later on, blend the pinto beans in a blender with a small amount of juice that comes inside the can)
- Squeeze of lime
For toppings you can use guacamole or a vegan sour cream such as Tofutti that is available at Metro and Whole Foods.
- Natural maple syrup
- Carob (this can be found at bulk shops for very economical)
Oh so Fancy Pudding
- Simply Delish Natural Instant Pudding (Price around $3)
- Coconut flakes (this can be found at bulk shops for very economical)
Bonus: Instant Chia Pudding
- Use 4 tablespoons of chia seeds (this can be found at bulk shops for very economical)
- 1 cup of plant milk (option: coconut )
* It would be best to leave it overnight and then proceed to add maple syrup to sweeten or agave (if you happen to be lucky to find it well priced) with your favorite fruits.